Mixed Fruit Compote
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 x 2 inch/5 cm cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 oz sugar
- 1/2 lemon pared rind and juice
- 1/2 pint medium dry white wine
- 8 oz apricots halved and stoned
- 8 oz plums halved and stoned
- 2 large bananas peeled and sliced
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced.
- Place cloves, cinnamon, ginger, sugar, lemon rind and juice and white wine in a wide, shallow pan.
- Heat gently to dissolve sugar then bring to the boil.
- Remove rind. Reduce heat, add apricots and plums and poach until just tender.
- Leave to cool, transfer to serving dish to go cold. Add banana and kiwi fruit.
Calories: 406 kcal
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Sodium: 639 mg
Potassium: 577 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 30 g
Vitamin A: 1530 IU
Vitamin C: 44 mg
Calcium: 319 mg
Iron: 1 mg