Kujja Kulfi (Indian Ice cream in earthenware moulds)
- 32 floz Milk
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- a few strands Saffron kesar, soaked in 1 tbsp water
- 3 drops Yellow colour
- a pinch Green cardamom choti elaichi powder
- 4 tsp Cashew nuts kaju, chopped
- 1 tbsp Pistachios pista, blanched, chopped
- Heat the milk in a wok (kadhai); cook on medium heat, stirring constantly till it is reduced to 14th.
- Remove the wok from the heat and stir in the sugar till it is completely dissolved.
- Mix in saffron, yellow colour, green cardamom powder, cashew nuts, and pistachios.
- Fill the mixture into earthenware moulds (kujja), cover with a lid and seal with any dough.
- Place the moulds in a freezer for 1 1/2 hours to allow the mixture to set.
- Remove from the freezer, take off the lid and serve immediately.
Calories: 217 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 24 mg
Sodium: 102 mg
Potassium: 364 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 21 g
Vitamin A: 391 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 271 mg
Iron: 1 mg