- 14 oz plain all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sachet easy-blend yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 9 floz warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced
- 4 oz Ricotta
- 6 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes drained
- 3 hard-boiled hard-cooked eggs, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs
- 4 oz salami cut into strips
- 6 oz Mozzarella grated
- a little milk to glaze
- salt and pepper
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and mix in the easy-blend yeast. Add the olive oil and enough warm water to mix to a smooth pliable dough. Knead for 10 - 15 minutes by hand, or process for 5 minutes in a mixer.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place in a lightly oiled polythene bag and put in a warm place for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- For the filling: heat the oil in a frying pan (skillet) and fry the garlic and (bell) peppers slowly in the oil until soft.
- Knock back the dough and roll out half to fit the base of a 30 x 25 cm/12 x 10 inch oiled roasting tin.
- Season the dough and spread with the Ricotta, then cover with sun-dried tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, herbs and the pepper mixture. Arrange the salami strips on top and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Roll out the remaining dough and place over the filling, sealing the edges well, or use to make a second pizza. Leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm place. An uncovered pizza will only take about 30-40 minutes to rise.
- Prick the double pizza with a fork about 20 times, brush the top with milk and cook in a preheated oven, 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, for about 50 minutes or until lightly browned. The uncovered pizza will take only 35-40 minutes. Serve hot.
Calories: 3433 kcal
Carbohydrates: 333 g
Protein: 139 g
Saturated Fat: 59 g
Cholesterol: 841 mg
Sodium: 5108 mg
Potassium: 1749 mg
Fiber: 15 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 6500 IU
Vitamin C: 167 mg
Calcium: 1302 mg
Iron: 24 mg