A Greek classic. As a variation, the meat con be threaded on to rosemary twigs (remove most of the leaves) and cooked over a charcoal grill for about 15 minutes.
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- juice of 1 large lemon
- leaves from 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 2 lb shoulder or leg of lamb cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- shredded lettuce lemon wedges
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice, rosemary and garlic in a shallow dish. Add the lamb and mix well. Cover the dish and leave to marinate for 3 hours at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Thread the meat on to skewers and cook under a hot grill turning and basting frequently with the marinade. Cook for about 12 minutes, or until browned on the outside but pink and juicy inside.
- Place on a bed of shredded lettuce with lemon wedges. Serve with Greek Salad.