Raised Plum Pie
- 12 oz shortcrust pastry defrosted if frozen
- milk and caster sugar for glazing
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 oz caster sugar
- 1 1/2 lb ripe plums halved and stoned
- pouring cream or custard to serve
- Heat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas 5.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out just under half of the pastry and use to line a 20 cm (8 inch) pie dish.
- Place the cornflour, cinnamon
- and sugar in a strong, large polythene bag, then add the plums and shake well until the fruit is coated with the sugar mixture.
- Turn the plum and sugar mixture into the pastry-lined plate, mounding it slightly in the centre. Brush the pastry edges with water.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
- out the remaining pastry to a 24 cm (9 1/2 inch) circle and use to cover the pie. Brush the pastry lid with milk, then sprinkle with caster sugar. Pierce the top with a skewer or fork to make a steam vent.
- 6 Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown. Serve hot or warm.
Calories: 337 kcal
Carbohydrates: 73 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 274 mg
Potassium: 222 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 40 g
Vitamin A: 392 IU
Vitamin C: 11 mg
Calcium: 17 mg
Iron: 2 mg