- Chicken drumsticks flavoured with green cardamom
- 2 lb Chicken drumsticks
for the marinade:
- 5 tbsp Ginger adrak paste
- 5 tbsp Garlic lasan paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp White pepper safed mirch powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Dry fenugreek kasoori methi powder
- 4 tsp Vinegar sirka
- 1 3/4 oz Green coriander hara dhaniya, chopped
- 2 tsp Green cardamom choti elaichi powder
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 11 oz Gram flour besan
- 4 Eggs whisked
- 7 floz Cream
- Butter for basting
- Wash and clean the chicken drumsticks. Remove the thigh bone from the flesh. Do not remove it completely.
- For the marinade, mix all the ingredients together and rub into the chicken. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan; add gram flour and stir-fry on low heat till a pleasing smell emanates. Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl to cool.
- Add 1 egg and blend to make a smooth paste; add cream and mix well.
- Add the remaining eggs to the mixture and mix thoroughly. Coat the chicken drumsticks with this marinade and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Skewer the drumsticks once along the bone and once through the thigh flesh. Cook in a tandoor for about 8-10 minutes or till slightly coloured. Remove and let the excess marinade drip off.
- Baste lightly with butter and roast again for 2-3 minutes or till completely done.
- Remove from skewers onto a serving platter. Serve hot garnished with lemon wedges, cucumber and tomato dices, and onion
Calories: 941 kcal
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Protein: 52 g
Saturated Fat: 20 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 374 mg
Sodium: 1171 mg
Potassium: 1251 mg
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 1938 IU
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 144 mg
Iron: 6 mg