Duck in Pineapple Sauce
- 1 duckling weighing 3 1/2 lbs
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 4 floz pineapple juice
- 8 floz dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- 14 oz fresh pineapple
- 1 tbsp pineapple or apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) gas mark 6.
- Wash duck and pat dry before cutting into 6 pieces.
- Brush with oil, lay in casserole and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Combine pineapple juice with red wine, salt, pepper and lemon juice, pour over duck and baste with mixture repeatedly during remaining 40 minutes cooking time.
- Mix cornflour with orange juice.
- Quarter and peel pineapple, remove hard core and cut into wedges.
- After 1 hour remove duck from oven and place pieces in warm serving dish. Keep warm in switched off oven.
- Skim fat off roasting juices, then strain juices. Combine with cornflour mixture, bring to the boil and stir in grated orange rind with additional water if necessary. Add pineapple pieces and jam to sauce, season well with salt and white pepper, then pour over duck.
- Serve with sweet potatoes.
Calories: 641 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 17 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 97 mg
Sodium: 277 mg
Potassium: 435 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 12 g
Vitamin A: 315 IU
Vitamin C: 59 mg
Calcium: 41 mg
Iron: 3 mg