Chilled Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Looking for a recipe that's easy to make and that looks and tastes delicious? You're in luck! This is a cake that's so easy to whip up, you can enjoy it with your family and friends.
- 4 oz butter chopped plus extra for greasing
- 5 oz plain chocolate broken into pieces
- 9 oz paneforte finely chopped
- 3 1/2 oz cantuccini biscuits or Rich Tea biscuits finely chopped
- 2 - 3 tbsp Amaretto rum or brandy
- ice cream to serve
- Grease and baseline an 18 cm (7 in) square cake tin. Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the paneforte, cantuccini biscuits and liqueur. Add the chocolate mixture and stir to coat the cake and biscuits well. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream.
- Freezing: Complete the recipe but do not cut.Wrap and freeze.
- To use: Thaw at cool room temperature for 4 hours. Cut into wedges to serve.
Calories: 428 kcal
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 15 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 44 mg
Sodium: 227 mg
Potassium: 109 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 487 IU
Calcium: 18 mg
Iron: 2 mg