Sweet and Sour Lamb with Apricots
- 1 1/2 lb fillet of lamb or meat from a boned shoulder of lamb cut into cubes.
- 1 oz dripping fat from roasted meat
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 level tsp paprika pepper
- 1 oz plain flour All purpose
- 1/2 pint water
- 1 beef bouillon cube stock cube
- 1 level tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 7 1/2 oz can of apricots drained and sliced
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Cut the lamb into 2 in. (5cm) cubes.
- Place in a saucepan with the dripping and fry over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and paprika to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, crumbled bouillon cube, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, stirring until thickened.
- Cover with a lid or foil and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Add the apricots and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes or until the lamb is tender.
- Turn into a warm serving dish and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Calories: 389 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 37 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 117 mg
Sodium: 370 mg
Potassium: 797 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 11 g
Vitamin A: 2749 IU
Vitamin C: 9 mg
Calcium: 49 mg
Iron: 4 mg