A classic Knickerbocker Glory recipe using vanilla ice cream, jelly, peaches and pineapple, cream, ice-cream, nuts and cherries.
- 2 cups yellow jelly
- 17 floz red jelly
- 7 oz canned peaches
- 7 oz canned pineapple chunks
- 1/4 pt fresh double cream heavy cream
- 1 tsp caster sugar superfine granulated (superfine sugar)
- 1 3/4 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups Melba sauce
- 2 oz chopped mixed nuts
for the decoration
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Make the jellies according to the directions on the packet. Leave until set.
- Drain the peaches and pineapple chunks, chop them, and mix the fruit together.
- Whip the cream until stiff, and sweeten with the caster sugar.
- Chop the set jellies with a fork until well broken up.
- Put 1 tbsp of fruit in each of 6 sundae glasses or tall wine glasses
- Cover with 1 tbsp of yellow jelly, add a scoop of ice cream, and coat with the Melba sauce.
- Repeat the process using the red jelly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts, and pipe a rose of whipped cream on top.
- Decorate each portion with a maraschino cherry.
Calories: 673 kcal
Carbohydrates: 101 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 15 g
Cholesterol: 88 mg
Sodium: 146 mg
Potassium: 452 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 77 g
Vitamin A: 891 IU
Vitamin C: 11 mg
Calcium: 221 mg
Iron: 1 mg