- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Potato Base
- Tomato Sauce
- 6 oz spinach
- 1 small red onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 hard-boiled hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 oz Jarlsberg grated (or Cheddar or Gruyere, if not available)
- 2 tbsp flaked slivered almonds
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- Mix the Parmesan with the potato base. Roll out or press the dough, using a rolling pin or your hands, into a 25 cm (10 inch) circle on a lightly floured work surface. Place on a large greased baking sheet (cookie sheet) or pizza pan and push up the edge slightly. Spread the tomato sauce almost to the edge.
- Remove the stalks from the spinach and wash the leaves thoroughly in plenty of cold water. Drain well and pat off the excess water with paper towels.
- Fry the onion gently in the oil for 5 minutes until softened. Add the spinach and continue to fry until just wilted. Drain off any excess liquid. Place on the pizza and sprinkle over the nutmeg.
- Remove the shells from the eggs and slice. Arrange on top of the spinach.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese and almonds, and sprinkle over. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season well.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 18 - 20 minutes, or until the edge is crisp and golden. Serve immediately.
Calories: 810 kcal
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 44 g
Saturated Fat: 19 g
Cholesterol: 433 mg
Sodium: 908 mg
Potassium: 1397 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 16968 IU
Vitamin C: 56 mg
Calcium: 799 mg
Iron: 7 mg