- 10 oz Broken wheat or wheat porridge dalia
- 3 1/2 oz Split red gram arhar da!
- 1 oz Lentil masoor dal
- 1 3/4 oz Split Bengal gram chana dal
- 3 1/2 oz Ghee / Vegetable oil
- 6 oz Onions sliced
- 1 3/4 oz Garlic lasan paste
- 1 3/4 oz Ginger adrak paste
- 2 tsp Coriander dhaniya powder
- 2 tsp Cumin jeera powder
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- Salt to taste
- 48 floz Water
- 5 oz Cauliflower phool gobhi, cut into small florets
- 1 3/4 oz Green peas hara matar, shelled
- 1 3/4 oz Carrots gajar, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Capsicum Shimla mirch, sliced, with the seeds removed
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- Separately soak in water the broken wheat, split red gram, lentil, and split Bengal gram overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Wash the above well and remove the husk from the wheat. Drain and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the ghee / oil in a large pan. When hot, add onions and saute until they are golden brown. Add the garlic and ginger pastes. Fry until brown. Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, broken wheat and the other pulses. Mix well.
- Add water, cover and cook on very low heat for 1 1/2 hours. When cooked, the wheat should be pulpy and the pulses tender. Add the cauliflower, green peas, carrots, and capsicum. Stir and add the garam masala. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the ghee / oil comes to the surface.
Calories: 489 kcal
Carbohydrates: 57 g
Protein: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 48 mg
Potassium: 810 mg
Fiber: 18 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 2898 IU
Vitamin C: 71 mg
Calcium: 120 mg
Iron: 6 mg