1. Wash the kale and discard the stalks.
2. Pack into a saucepan with a very little water, cover and cook slowly for about 20 minutes until tender.
3. Drain and cut up roughly with a knife and fork.
4. Put the kale in the bottom of a heatproof serving dish and keep warm.
5. Soft-boil the eggs.
6. Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring for a few minutes.
7. Gradually add the milk. Continue to stir until the sauce has thickened.
8. Add the cheese. When it melts, season.
9. Plunge the eggs in cold water and remove the shells.
10. Lay them on the bed of kale and cover with the sauce.
11. Heat the dish through in the oven or under the grill.