This delicious dessert is an Italian favourite. Eat it by dipping a spoonful of the cheese first into the coffee, then into the sugar.
225 g (8 oz) ricotta cheese
30 g (2 tbsp) fruit sugar (fructose) or caster sugar
60 g (4 tbsp) finely ground fresh coffee
30 ml (2 tbsp) brandy
1. Choose really moist ricotta cheese, or use fresh curd cheese as a substitute.
2. Press the cheese with half the sugar through a sieve to make it light and fluffy.
3. Form into mounds on four individual dessert plates.
4. Sprinkle half the coffee over the cheese mounds.
5. Spoon the remaining coffee and sugar onto the plates in two separate heaps on either side of the cheese and pour the brandy over the sweetened cheese.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!