15 ml (1 tbsp) Ghee or butter
250 ml (8 fl oz) milk
175 g (6 oz) cottage cheese
100 g (4 oz) semolina
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
7 g (1 tbsp) chopped coriander leaves
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) salt
30 g (2 tbsp) flour
125 ml (4 fl oz) milk
oil for deep frying
1. Melt the ghee or butter over medium heat, add the milk, cottage cheese, semolina, onions, chillies, coriander leaves and salt and mix thoroughly.
2. Stirring constantly, cook until the mixture leaves the sides and a ball forms, about 3 - 4 minutes.
3. Spread the mixture 1.5 cm (3/4 in) thick on a greased baking tin.
4. Cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) squares and chill for about 2 hours.
5. Make a smooth batter with the flour and milk.
6. Dip each square in the batter and then roll it in breadcrumbs.
7. Heat the oil and deep fry the cutlets for 2 - 3 minutes over a high heat till crisp and golden.
8. Serve with chutney.