This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
200 g (7 oz) of fresh salmon fillets
1 tablespoon of very dry white vermouth
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 heaped tablespoon of Dairy free margarine
2 heaped tablespoons of rice flour
3 tablespoons of soya cream
3 large free-range egg yolks, beaten
5 egg whites
A large souffle dish, greased with Dairy free margarine and coated with 2 tablespoons of Gluten free breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
2. Poach the salmon in a little water with the vermouth, salt and freshly ground black pepper until just cooked through.
3. Cool, then remove the skin and bones and flake the fish, reserving the poaching liquid.
4. Melt the margarine in a non-stick saucepan and beat in the flour. Add the poaching liquid and then the salmon.
5. Beat until smooth and thick. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
6. Add the soya cream and egg yolks and mix well. Season with pepper and nutmeg and blend briefly in the food processor until pale pink and smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
7. In a clean bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt until firm. Stir one spoonful into the salmon and then quickly and gently fold the rest in with a metal spoon.
8. Spoon into the prepared souffle dish and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
9. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until golden, firm and well risen.
10. Serve immediately.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!