Calories per serving 245.
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons medium dry white wine
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon caster sugar
2 tablespoons tomato puree
225 g (8 oz) fresh gnocchi
2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the tomatoes in a medium saucepan with the wine, garlic, sugar, tomato puree and seasoning.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for I 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi.
4. They cook very quickly in about 2-3 minutes. When they rise to the top of the water, they are done.
5. Drain the gnocchi well and add them to the tomato sauce. Scatter over the basil and serve.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!