makes 4 small pizzas
225 g (8 oz) flour
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) salt
5 g (1 tsp) baking powder
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
water to mix
250 ml (8 fl oz) Concentrated Tomato Sauce
good pinch fresh marjoram or 2.5 g (1/2 tsp) dried oregano
50 g (2 oz) stoned black olives
175 g (6 oz) Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder, and add the oil and enough water to make a very sticky dough.
2. Divide into 4 and press each piece into a well-oiled 15 cm (6 in) round pizza or pie pan.
3. Top each with the tomato sauce, marjoram or oregano, olives and cheese, and sprinkle with the garlic.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 230°C (450°F) Gas 8 oven until the dough is cooked and the cheese is browned and bubbling.
5. Variation You can add chopped ham, crisp bacon, strips of salami, sliced button mushrooms or sliced red pepper.