No need to let this loaf wait before baking as it will rise in the oven.
Avoid squeezing the loaf when freshly made as this will make cracks inside.
170 g (6 oz) potato flour (farina)
30 g (1 oz) gram (chickpea) flour
30 g (1 oz) cornflour (cornstarch)
1/4 tsp salt
1 level tsp sugar
7 g (1/4 oz) instant yeast
1 tbs sunflower oil
2 - 3 tbs homemade pectin
125 ml (4 fl oz) 1/2 cup lukewarm water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) gas mark 4.
2. Grease, a 500 g (1 lb) small loaf tin.
3. Put the flours, salt, sugar and yeast into a bowl. Mix well, teasing out any lumps with the fingers.
4. add the oil, pectin and water. Mix/beat to a thick, creamy batter.
5. Pour/spoon into the prepared tin and put on the top shelf to bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until well risen, golden and with a cracked top.
6. Turn out onto wire rack to cool as soon as it comes out of the oven. Do not cut until cold as the loaf needs to 'set'.
7. Eat freshly baked or the following day toasted/fried. Use any leftovers for breadcrumbs. Keep wrapped in cling film to prevent drying out.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!