350 g (12 oz) noodles
225 g (8 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) rice wine or dry sherry
15 ml (1 tbsp) dark sesame oil
60 ml (4 tbsp) vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
50 g (2 oz) mange-touts, topped and tailed
115 g (4 oz) beansprouts
50 g (2 oz) ham, finely shredded
4 spring onions, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain well.
2. Slice the chicken into fine shreds about 5 cm (2 in) in length. Place in a bowl and add 10 ml (2 tsp) of the soy sauce, the rice wine or sherry and sesame oil.
3. Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. When it starts smoking, add the chicken mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then transfer the chicken to a plate and keep it hot.
4. Wipe the wok clean and heat the remaining oil. Stir in the garlic, mange-touts, beansprouts and ham, stir-fry for another minute or so and add the noodles.
5. Continue to stir-fry until the noodles are heated through. Add the remaining soy sauce to taste and season with salt and pepper. Return the chicken and any juices to the noodle mixture, add the chopped spring onions and give the mixture a final stir. Serve at once.
30 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!