This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
6 heaped tablespoons of leftover Gluten free, Dairy free Christmas pudding
8 small free-range egg yolks
1 tablespoon of Gluten free cornflour (cornstarch)
2 heaped tablespoons of caster (superfine) sugar
1 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract
300 ml (10 fl oz)1 1/4 cups of soya milk
225 ml (7 1/2 fl oz) generous 3/4 cup of soya cream
200 ml (7 fl oz) 3/4 cup of coconut cream
3 tablespoons of rum
Clingfilm (plastic wrap)
A sprig of holly for decoration
1. Line a pudding basin with clingfilm (plastic wrap).
2. Crumble up the leftover Christmas pudding and put it into a large bowl.
3. Mix the eggs in a separate bowl with the cornflour (cornstarch), sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the milk until it is all well blended.
5. Transfer the mixture to a non-stick saucepan and cook slowly, stirring often, until it becomes very thick.
6. Let the custard come to the boil, remove it from the heat and stir in the soya cream, coconut cream and the rum.
7. Pass the custard through a fine sieve into the bowl of Christmas pudding.
8. Gently mix it all together, then allow the mixture to cool.
9. When the ice-cream maker is ready, churn the custard and Christmas pudding mixture until frozen but still soft enough to scrape out of the bowl.
10. Spoon the ice-cream into the lined basin, smooth over and seal with the clingfilm (plastic wrap).
11. Freeze for 4 hours or more.
12. Remove the clingfilm (plastic wrap) from the pudding and turn out onto a plate.
13. Peel off the remaining clingfilm (plastic wrap), put a sprig of holly on top and serve immediately.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!