2 tbsp spoons olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
2 packs (600 g) 1 1/2 pound. prime lamb steaks, cut into 2 cm wide pieces
400 g can chopped tomatoes
1 chicken stock cube, made up with 125 ml boiling water
100 g fine green beans, halved
410 g can cannellini beans, drained
15 g pack rosemary, removed from the stalk and finely chopped
500 g potatoes, ie Maris Piper, peeled, left whole, par boiled, refreshed then finely sliced
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter, melted
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a shallow ovenproof casserole, heat the oil then add the onion, garlic and lamb and cook for 5 - 6 minutes or until the lamb is browned.
2. Add the tomatoes, stock, beans, rosemary and seasoning.
3. Preheat the grill to a high heat.
4. Arrange the potatoes in overlapping layers on top of the meat.
5. Season, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
6. Brush with melted butter, place under the grill and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until browned.
21 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!