2 tbsp (30 ml) clear honey
3 tbsp (60 ml) soy sauce, preferably naturally-fermented shoyu
pinch of Chinese five-spice powder (optional)
1 lb (450 g) pork fillet, trimmed of excess fat
1 ripe nectarine
Watercress (salad cress), to garnish
1. For the marinade, mix together the honey, soy sauce and five-spice powder, if using.
2. Place the pork in a dish. Pour over the marinade and rub it well into the meat.
3. Leave to marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
4. Place the pork on a wire rack over a roasting tin half filled with hot water.
5. Roast at 180°C (350°F) mark 4 for 20 minutes.
6. Turn the meat over, brush with more marinade, then return to the oven for 20 minutes, until the meat is cooked through and tender. Set aside to cool.
7. Thinly slice the pork and halve, stone and cut the nectarine into thin slices.
8. Arrange the pork and nectarine slices alternately, radiating from the centre of a serving dish.
9. Garnish with watercress.