275 g (10 oz) shortcrust pastry
75 g (3 oz) butter, at room temperature
75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
170 g can Evaporated Milk
100 g (4 oz) ground almonds
1/2 teaspoon almond essence
25 g (1 oz) self-raising flour, sifted
5 tablespoons strawberry or raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F), Gas Mark 5.
2. Roll out the pastry and use to line a 23 cm (9 inch) round flan tin. Reserve the trimmings. Bake the pastry case blind for 15 minutes.
3. Beat together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, Carnation Milk, almonds and almond essence. Fold in the flour.
4. Spread the jam over the cooked pastry case. Spoon over the creamed mixture. Roll out the reserved pastry and use to make a lattice.
5. Return the tart to the oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until golden.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!