6 - 12 servings
15 g (1/2 oz) 1 cup Dried mushrooms
12 Medium courgettes (zucchini), trimmed
50 g (2 oz) 1 cup Fresh white breadcrumbs, soaked in 4 Tbs milk
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Dried oregano
175 g (6 oz) 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
50 g (2 oz) Prosciutto, chopped
50 ml (2 fl oz) 1/4 cup Olive oil
1. Put the mushrooms in a bowl, pour over enough water to cover and soak for 30 minutes. Drain, chop and reserve.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the courgettes (zucchini) and boil for 7 to 8 minutes, or until they are just tender. Drain in a colander. Slice the vegetables in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh, taking care not to break the skins. Set aside.
3. Squeeze any excess moisture out of the breadcrumbs and place them in a bowl. Add the reserved courgette (zucchini) flesh, the eggs, salt, pepper, oregano, half the cheese, the prosciutto and reserved mushrooms. Mix all the ingredients together.
4. Preheat the oven to fairly hot 200°C (Gas Mark 6, 400 °F). Lightly grease a shallow ovenproof casserole with a little of the oil. Arrange the courgette halves in the dish.
5. Spoon a little stuffing into each courgette (zucchini) half and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Sprinkle over the remaining oil.
6. Put the casserole into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the courgettes (zucchini) are golden on top. Serve at once.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!