10 x 85 g fillets of sole
50 g flour
350 ml yeast batter
600 ml Tomato Sauce
for the marinade
1 juice of lemon
5 g chopped parsley
100 ml oil
1. Place the fish in the marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Pass through flour, shaking off the surplus, then through the batter, draining off all excess by pulling through the fingers before immersing in the fat at 180°C.
3. Fry until crisp and golden, turning the fillets during cooking to ensure even cooking and coloration; when cooked they will float on the surface.
4. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and season with salt.
5. Dress on a dish paper on a flat dish. Garnish with lemon wedges and picked or fried parsley and serve accompanied by a sauceboat of Tomato Sauce.
Fillets of other kinds of fish can be cooked by this method.