400 g (1 lb) lentils
400 g (1 lb) lean beef
2 large onions, finely chopped
2 aubergines, coarsely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
2 potatoes, peeled and coarsley chopped
450 g (1 lb) spinach, washed and chopped
25 g (5 tsp) ghee (clarified butter) or butter
5 cloves garlic, crushed
10 g (1 tbsp) fenugreek seeds
15 g (1 tbsp) cumin
5 g (1 tsp) chilli
10 g (1 tbsp) coriander seeds
5 g (1 tsp) mint
1. Wash the lentils and put them into a pan with the beef.
2. Add the chopped vegetables and cover with water.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer until the vegetables and meat are cooked.
4. Remove the meat and blend the vegetables and the lentils.
5. Heat up the ghee or butter and fry the garlic, fenugreek, cumin, chilli, coriander and mint.
6. Add the lentils and meat, mix well and bring slowly to the boil, add salt to taste.
7. Serve with rice.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!