1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
250 g arborio rice, rinsed and drained well
600 ml vegetable stock or 1 vegetable stock cube made up with 600 ml boiling water
1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and cut into 2.5 cm pieces
225 g asparagus, blanched, refreshed and cut in half lengthways
375 g cooked skinless turkey, cut into strips
250 g chestnut mushrooms,wiped and sliced
75 g grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp truffle butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper
20 g basil leaves, torn into small pieces
a few parmesan shavings
1. In a large frying pan fry the onion and garlic in the oil until softened for 2 - 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the rice and cook for 30 - 40 seconds or until coated in the oil, stirring in the hot stock slowly then bring to the boil. Simmer, cover and stir occasionally for about 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked and with a thick consistency. Ten minutes before the end of cooking, add the mushrooms.
3. Stir frequently to prevent sticking. Stir in the pepper pieces.
4. When the rice is cooked, stir in the turkey, parmesan cheese, asparagus, truffle butter and heat thoroughly. Season to taste. Stir in the basil leaves.
5. Place the risotto into hot serving bowls topped with Parmesan.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!