2 corn on the cob
8 oz (225 g) runner beans, trimmed and sliced
4 oz (100 g) shelled fresh or frozen peas
3 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) cider vinegar
1 tbsp (15 ml) clear honey
2 tsp (10 ml) whole grain mustard
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) paprika
215 g (7 1/2 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
8 oz (225 g) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
2-3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
3 tbsp (60 ml) chopped fresh coriander or parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the corn on the cob in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8 - 10 minutes, until tender.
2. Remove, rinse under cold water and set aside.
3. Add the runner beans to the water, bring back to the boil, then simmer for 3-4 minutes, until just tender.
4. Remove with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold running water.
5. Add the peas to the water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes for fresh peas, or 3 - 5 minutes if using frozen, until tender. Drain and rinse.
6. Put the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and paprika in a salad bowl and whisk until thick.
7. Strip the corn kernels off the cobs with a sharp knife and add to the dressing.
8. Add the runner beans, peas, kidney and butterbeans, spring onions and coriander.
9. Toss well to mix, then season to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!