1 1/2 lb (675 g) rhubarb
3/4 cup (135 g) soft brown sugar
juice of 2 oranges
1 stick (8 tbsp) 4 oz (112 g) butter
1/2 cup (8 Tbls) 100 g Demerara (raw) sugar
10 digestive biscuits, crushed
1 tsp vanilla essence
grated rind of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) Gas Mk 4.
2. Put the rhubarb, sugar and orange juice in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until the rhubarb is tender.
3. Put into an ovenproof dish.
4. Heat the butter and sugar together in a saucepan until the butter has melted.
5. Stir in the biscuits, add the vanilla essence and orange rind and blend thoroughly.
6. Spread the mixture over the rhubarb and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!