2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp milk
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
175 g (6 oz) cooked chicken, diced
1 quantity Bread Dough Base
1 quantity rich Tomato Sauce
4 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and chopped
60 g (2 oz) Mozzarella cheese, grated
olive oil for drizzling
salt and pepper
1. Mix together the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, milk, chilli and garlic in a bowl to form a sauce. Season well.
2. Add the chicken to the peanut sauce and stir until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for about 20 minutes.
3. Roll out or press the dough, using a rolling pin or your hands, into a 2 5 cm (10 in) circle on a lightly floured work surface.
4. Place on a large greased baking sheet or pizza pan and push up the edge a little.
5. Cover and leave to rise slightly for 10 minutes in a warm place.
6. When the dough has risen, spread with the tomato sauce almost to the edge.
7. Top with the spring onions (scallions) and chicken pieces. spooning over the peanut sauce.
8. Sprinkle over the cheese. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season well.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6, for 18-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
10. Serve immediately with a simple vegetable stir-fry.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!