1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
8 oz (225 g) potatoes, peeled and diced
8 oz (225 g) carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 pt (600 ml) potato stock
Salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt milk
1 carrot, finely grated for garnish
1. Melt butter and fry the potato, carrots, onion, celery and garlic stirring continuously for 3 minutes.
2. Add the stock and allow to simmer for 25 minutes.
3. Pass through a sieve or liquidise.
4. Season with salt and pepper, add the milk and bring to just below boiling point but do not boil.
5. Serve garnished with the finely grated carrot.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!