1 kg (2 1/4 lbs) turkey breast/in one piece)
2 oz (50 g) bacon fat
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
2 tsp paprika
60 ml (2 fl oz) 1/4 cup light white wine
2 small heads radicchio
Pinch each salt and freshly ground white pepper
1 2/3 cup (200 g) 7 oz fresh pineapple
2 tsp lemon juice
2 1/2 tbsp white wine
2 tsp honey
1. Cut bacon into pieces 1/2 cm (1/4 in) wide and put in freezing compartment of refrigerator to become firm.
2. Wash and dry turkey breast.
3. Remove cold rack from oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6.
4. Lard turkey breast evenly with bacon, using a larding needle. Rub salt, pepper and paprika into meat and lay on piece of aluminium foil. Sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp white wine and seal foil well all around, piercing top several times with a needle. Place on cold rack, slide into bottom shelf of oven and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Rinse radicchio well without splitting up, arrange on serving dish and sprinkle with pinch each salt and pepper.
6. Peel pineapple and cut into small cubes, removing hard core. Arrange cubes on radicchio and sprinkle with lemon juice.
7. Heat 2 tbsp white wine, dissolve honey in it and sprinkle mixture over radicchio salad.
8. Allow turkey to cool, then carve into thin slices and arrange on dish with salad. Sprinkle cold cooking juices over turkey slices.