makes 300 ml (1 1/2 pint)
1/4 cup (4 Tbls) 50 g caster sugar (superfine granulated)
2 level tbsp plain flour (All purpose)
2 level tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
1 1/4 cup (300 ml) 1/2 pint milk
1.2.5 ml (1/4 tsp) vanilla essence
1. Cream the eggs and sugar together until thick and pale in colour.
2. Sift the flour and cornflour together in a separate bowl, then whisk into the egg mixture until smooth.
3. Heat the milk in a saucepan and then stir into the egg and flour mixture.
4. Strain into a clean saucepan and stir over a low heat until the mixture comes to the boil.
5. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until thick and smooth, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
6. Cover and leave until cold before using as required.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!