Sweet Shortcrust Pastry for a 22 cm (8 1/2 in) flan tin
50 g (2 oz) ground almonds
for the filling
400 g (14 oz) blueberries or bilberries, fresh or frozen
140 g (5 oz) caster sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp) Grand Marnier or Cointreau
100 g (4 oz) butter
30 g (2 tbsp) cornflour or potato flour, sifted
65 ml (2 1/2 fl oz) double cream
10 g (2 tsp) orange zest
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
50 g (2 oz) icing sugar
1. Defrost the fruit and drain off the surplus juice.
2. Line the base and 2 cm (1 in) up the sides of a greased flan tin with shortcrust pastry, prick all over with a fork. Chill.
3. Make the filling. Drop the blueberries, 3tbsp sugar, liqueur and 15 g (1/2 oz) butter into a pan, heat and stir gently until the fruit has slightly caramelized. Leave to cool.
4. Beat together the remaining butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy; whisk in the eggs one at a time, add the flour and cream.
5. Mix in the orange zest and lemon juice, then fold in the blueberry mixture. Scatter the ground "almonds over the base of the pastry shell and pour in the prepared filling.
6. Dredge with icing sugar and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) Gas 4 for 1 hour. Leave to cool in the tin.
7. Serve with whipped cream on the side.