30 ml (2 tbsp) corn oil
1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) fenugreek seeds
1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) onion seeds
2 onions, chopped
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) garlic pulp
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ginger pulp
5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
5 ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
400 g (14 oz) 1 3/4 cups canned tomatoes
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
350 g (12 oz) 2 1/2 cups chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
3 fresh green chillies, chopped
1/2 red pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 green pepper, cut into chunks
fresh coriander sprigs
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and fry the fenugreek and onion seeds until they turn a shade darker. Add the chopped onions, garlic and ginger and fry for about 5 minutes until the onions turn golden brown. Turn the heat to very low.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix together the ground coriander, chilli powder, salt, canned tomatoes
and lemon juice.
3. Pour this mixture into the saucepan and turn up the heat to medium. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the fresh coriander, green chillies and the red and green peppers. Lower the heat, cover the saucepan and let this simmer for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
6. Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander sprigs.
105 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!