6 fillets white plaice, skinned
4 oz (125 g) peeled prawns
1 tbsp tomato puree
5 fl oz (150 ml) white wine
1 oz (25 g) butter
1 oz (25 g) flour
5 fl oz (150 ml) fish stock
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
2 tbsps single cream
fresh chopped parsley
1. Roughly chop 2 plaice fillets and half the prawns. Process or pound to a paste with tomato puree. Season.
2. Lightly score remaining fillets on skinned side and spread with fish paste. Sprinkle with remaining prawns.
3. Roll up and pack closely in a buttered ovenproof dish. Pour wine around the fish. Cover and bake at Mark 4 (180°C) 350°F for 30 minutes.
4. Remove fish, keep warm. Reserve liquid.
5. Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Strain cooking liquid into sauce. Add lemon juice and cream. Heat and serve with garnished fish.