1 1/2 lb (2.3 kg) duck
1 lime, halved
2 tbsp brandy or Grand Marnier
orange and lime rind and slices, watercress sprigs
1. Prick duck all over with a fork. Place one half of lime inside the duck.
2. Roast the duck on a wire rack over a roasting tin at Mark 4 (180°C) 350°F for 20 minutes per lb plus 20 minutes.
3. Remove duck and leave to rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.
4. To make gravy, pour away all but 1 tbsp of the fat from the roasting tin and scrape juices into a saucepan. Pour brandy into tin to remove any deposits. Add to saucepan with squeezed lime and orange juices. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Serve gravy separately. Garnish duck and serve.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!