Thick slice of lamb taken from the leg approx 1 1/2 lb (700 g)
3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, skinned and crushed
4 small tomatoes, halved, optional
8 button mushrooms
few bayleaves, optional
2 small onions, quartered, optional
1. Remove all fat and gristle from the meat and cut it into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes. Marinade for 2 hours (or preferably overnight) in the olive oil, lemon juice, seasoning and crushed garlic.
2. Thread 8 skewers alternately with meat cubes, halved tomatoes, if used, and whole mushrooms.
3. If you like, a bayleaf or an onion quarter may be placed on each side of the meat pieces, to give more flavour.
4. Brush writh melted butter and cook under a low grill for 10-15 minutes, turning the kebabs about 3 times, until the meat is tender.
5. Serve on plain boiled rice, with lemon.
Rolled streaky bacon rashers are another good addition to kebabs.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!