serves: 8 - 10
1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit
1/4 cup chopped glace cherries
1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
2 tablespoons brandy
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons cornflour
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 egg yolk, beaten
1 cup cream, whipped
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
glace fruits to decorate
1. Mix fruits and nuts and sprinkle with brandy. Cover and leave for several hours in refrigerator.
2. Blend milk, cornflour, sugar and beaten eggs in a heavy-based saucepan.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and beginning to bubble.
4. Use a wire balloon whisk if custard goes lumpy.
5. Turn into a mixing bowl and cover surface with a piece of plastic film to prevent skin forming.
6. When cold fold in whipped cream and vanilla essence.
7. Pour into a freezer container, cover and freeze until a solid rim 4 cm (1 1/2 inches) wide, forms around edge.
8. Spoon into a chilled bowl and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
9. Fold in chilled fruit and pour into a mould.
10. Cover and place in freezer. Unmould to serve and decorate with glace fruits.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!