Calories per serving 225.
3 x 225 g (8 oz) large baking potatoes
2 teaspoons Cajun spice mix
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 teaspoon salt flakes
for the salsa
225 g (8 oz) mango, diced finely
1 red onion, chopped finely
finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon olive oil
225 g (8 oz) plum tomatoes, skinned and chopped finely
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C.
2. Prick the potatoes all over and bake them for 50 minutes.
3. Carefully remove them from the oven and slice them in half.
4. Using a small spoon, scoop out the potato flesh from the centre of each half, don't discard the flesh as you can use it for mashed potato at a later date.
5. Cut each potato shell in half.
6. Place the 12 potato skins in a large plastic container with a tight fitting lid and add the Cajun spice, oil and salt flakes.
7. Shake the container well, so each potato skin gets a light coating.
8. Arrange the potato shells on a baking sheet lined with non stick baking parchment.
9. Return them to the oven for 20 minutes, until they are crunchy.
10. To make the salsa, mix together the mango, red onion, lime zest and juice, olive oil, tomatoes and coriander Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
11. Serve three crispy Cajun skins per person with a bowl of salsa for dipping.
26 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!