serves 6 - 8
3/4 cup (175 g) 6 oz flan pastry with 1/3 cup (50 g) icing sugar (confectioners sugar) added
175 g (6 oz) cream cheese
60 ml (4 level tbsp) thick honey
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 level tsp (1.25 ml) grated nutmeg
25 g (1 oz) walnuts, chopped
1. Roll out the pastry and use to line an 18 cm (7-inch) flan ring placed on a baking sheet. Bake blind in the oven for about 20 minutes at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 until firm but not brown.
2. Beat the cream cheese and honey until smooth.
3. Add the eggs and nutmeg, mixing well. Pour the egg mixture into the pastry case.
4. Bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) mark 4 for about 20 minutes or until a skin has formed.
5. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
6. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 - 15 minutes until set. Serve cold.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!