serves 12 buffet portions
two 1.1 kg (21/2 lb) best end necks of lamb, trimmed of excess fat and chine bone removed
450 ml (3/4 pint) medium white wine
120 ml (8 tbsp) vegetable oil
20 ml (4 tsp) dried rosemary
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large garlic clove, skinned and crushed
1. Score the fat of the chops lightly. Put the meat into a shallow glass dish or other container but not a metal one, as the flavour will be affected,
2. Mix the wine, oil, rosemary, seasoning and garlic together and pour over the meat. Cover with cling film and marinate in a cool place for 12 hours, turning once.
3. Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and place on a rack standing over a roasting tin.
4. Cook in the oven at 180°C (350°F) mark 4 for about 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender, basting occasionally.
5. While still warm divide the meat into cutlets and spoon over the marinade. Baste and turn occasionally until cold.