2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 guinea fowl
1 large onion, chopped
1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 lb (450 g) courgettes, cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) pieces
2 x (14 oz/397 g) cans tomatoes, sieved
1 tsp dried oregano
1. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and gently fry the garlic for 2 minutes without browning.
2. Add the guinea fowl and brown on all sides. Remove. Add the onion, peppers and courgettes and fry gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, herbs and seasoning and the guinea fowl.
4. Cover and bake at Mark 2 (150°C) 300°F for 45 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes.
5. Transfer the guinea fowl to a warmed serving platter. Skim off excess fat from the sauce and pour over the bird.
6. Serve with boiled rice or potatoes.