1 slice of brioche
knob of butter
1 nectarine, cut into slices
handful of basil leaves
honey, to drizzle
55 g (2 oz) caster sugar
splash of double cream
110 ml (4 fl oz) double cream
1 tbsp honey
basil leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) Gas 7.
2. Place the brioche slice onto a non-stick-baking tray and dot with a little butter. Arrange the nectarine slices into two rows, so that they slightly overlap. Sprinkle the basil leaves on top. Drizzle with honey and then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, gently melt the sugar in a pan and cook over a low heat until dissolved and a caramel has formed. Add the cream, shaking the pan and cook gently until slightly thickened.
4. In a clean bowl, whisk the cream until thickened. Stir in the honey and refrigerate until required.
5. To serve, transfer the nectarine tart to a serving plate. Drizzle the toffee sauce over and spoon the cream mixture on top. Garnish with basil to finish.