50 g (2 oz) butter
1 tbsp garlic pur©e
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp caraway seeds
255 g (9 oz) belly pork, boned and cubed
85 ml (3 fl oz) dry white wine
255 g (9 oz) butter beans (soaked overnight)
1 litre (1 1/4 pints) water
flatleaf parsley, to garnish
crusty white bread, to serve
1. Melt the butter in a large casserole dish or saucepan. Add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until soft. Toss in the paprika and caraway seeds and fry for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the cubes of belly pork and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Pour in the wine and, when it has all but evaporated, add the butterbeans.
4. Pour in the water and simmer, uncovered, for two hours. If the stew becomes dry, add some more water.
5. Ladle into bowls, garnish with parsley and serve with crusty white bread.