1. Peel and cut the eggplant into long slices 2.5 cm thick. Place in a colander, sprinkle with salt and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Drain and dry, then lightly fry in some of the oil and reserve.
2. Lightly fry the beef, onion and garlic in the rest of the oil, add the tomato flesh, tomato puree, cinnamon, oregano and seasoning and jus lie. Cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes until the meat is cooked and appears dry. Remove the cinnamon.
3. Line an oiled and seasoned shallow dish with the eggplant, add the meat and cover with a layer of the eggplant.
4. Mask with the cheese sauce made using Kefalotiri cheese instead of Parmesan, sprinkle with the cheese, breadcrumbs and oil and bake at 200°C for 1 hour until golden brown.
5. When cooked, cut into square or oblong shapes and serve.