225 g (8 oz) plain flour
hanful of fresh chives, chopped
enough olive oil, to bind
pinch of salt
for the sweet pepper sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
splash of red wine
2 tbsp caster sugar
freshly ground black pepper
55 g (2 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
2. To make the pasta, place the flour, chives, egg and salt into a food processor and blend together for a few seconds.
3. Gradually pour in enough oil to bind the mixture and form a dough.
4. Bring the mixture together using your hands. Divide in three and roughly roll out on a floured surface.
5. Put the dough through a pasta machine, 3 - 4 times, on the thinnest setting, to make three long flat sheets, flouring each time to prevent the pasta from sticking.
6. Cut the sheets into 2 - 3cm long strips, to resemble noodles.
7. Cook the pasta in the boiling water for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
8. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a sauté pan and gently fry the pepper for 2 - 3 minutes.
9. Stir in the tomato ketchup, red wine and sugar and continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Transfer the sauce to a blender and blend together until smooth.
11. Return to the pan, season to taste and re-heat for a further 1-2 minutes.
12. Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving plate.
13. Pour the sweet pepper sauce over and crumble the feta cheese over.
14. Finish with a grind of black pepper, and garnish with fresh basil.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!