50 g (2 oz) butter or margarine
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, cut into eighths and seeded
16 baby carrots, scrape and cut into quarters
1. Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion and spring onions.
2. Saute, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and raise the heat to medium.
4. Saute, stirring constantly, for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the carrots, salt and white pepper, coriander and parsley.
6. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring constantly.
7. Cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to very low. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.