2 large carrots, grated
1 large courgette (zucchini), trimmed
10 ml (2 tsp) salt
75 g (3 oz) 3/4 cup flour
30 ml (2 tbsp) single (light) cream
50 g (2 oz) 4 tbsp shredded fresh sorrel
1 small onion, finely chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) milk
oil for frying
1. Grate the carrots and place them in a bowl.
2. Grate the courgettes (zucchini) and place on a tray. Sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
3. Squeeze out the moisture from the courgettes and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Beat the flour, eggs and cream together and stir in the carrots, courgettes, sorrel and onion.
Season with the pepper.
5. Heat the oil and drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
6. Cook for 4 minutes, turning once until the fritters are golden brown.
7. Serve hot with a fresh salad and chunks of hot Italian bread.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!